19 Wimpole Street Dental aims to meet the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the guidelines on the Information Commissioner’s website as well as our professional guidelines and requirements.
This Privacy Notice is available at the reception/ displayed in the waiting area/ by email if you contact firstname.lastname@example.org/ or by calling 020 75802720.
You will be asked to provide personal information when joining the practice. The purpose of us processing this data is to provide a safe and effective dental treatment.
We will never pass your personal details to a third party unless we have a professional contract relating to the daily running of a dental practice to process data on our behalf and will otherwise keep it confidential. If we intend to refer a patient to another practitioner or to secondary care such as a hospital we will gain the individual’s permission before the referral is made and the personal data is shared.
Where necessary or required we share information with:
- Healthcare professionals;
- Dental laboratories;
- Social and welfare organisations;
- Family, associates and representatives of the person whose personal data we processing.
The lawful basis for processing special category data such as patients’ health data is:
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of preventative or occupational medicine, for the medical diagnosis, the provision of health or social care or treatment or management of health or social care systems and services on the basis of Union or Member State law or a contract with a health professional.
The lawful basis of processing personal data such as name, address, email or phone number is:
- Consent of the data subject
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract.
The retention period for special data in patient records is 11 years, or for children until age 25 which ever longer.
You have the following personal data rights:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure (clinical records must be retained for a certain time period)
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
Comments, suggestions and complaints
Please contact Ms Ramina Kharileh at the practice for any comments, suggestions or complaints about your data processing at email@example.com or 020 75802720 or by writing to or visiting the practice at 19 Wimpole Street Dental Practice, 19 Wimpole Street, London, W1G 8GE. Please rest assured that we take complaints very seriously.
If you are unhappy with our response or if you need any advice you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Their telephone number is 0303 123 1113, you can also chat online with an advisor. The ICO can investigate your claim and take an action against anyone who’s misused personal data. You can also visit their website for information on how to make a data protection complaint.
Related practice procedures
You can also use these contact details to request copies of the following practice policies or procedures:
- Practice Confidentiality and Data Protection Policy
- Consent Policy
- Group Practice Data Audit